Make Your Menus Load FasterJuly 22, 2010
This is one of my favorite tweaks as it makes a huge difference to how fast your machine will ‘feel’. What this tweak does is remove the slight delay between clicking on a menu and XP displaying the menu.
- Go to Start then Run
- Type Regedit then click Ok
- Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\
- Select MenuShowDelay
- Right click and select Modify
- Reduce the number to around”100
- This is the delay time before a menu is opened. You can set it to 0 but it can make windows really hard to use as menus will open if you just look at them – well move your mouse over them anyway. I tend to go for anywhere between 50-150 depending on my mood.